Let’s explore 5 of the worst ways to open your next keynote or major presentation…that we hear ALL TOO OFTEN!
- Ahem! (clearing your throat – do vocal warmups beforehand, please!)
- Thank you…. (your audience doesn’t need to hear this.)
- It’s really great to be here….(you’re wasting even more time.)
- Can you hear me? (do your audio check before you hit the stage.)
- Hey, can you see my slides? (check your visuals beforehand, please!)
If you’ve done one or all of these, you can do better. I know you can!
Start with a strong opening technique.
Consider this: I cover five strong opening techniques in my public speaking foundations course on LinkedIn Learning.
The full course is one hour. It’s a great resource to revisit before your next big speech or presentation, free for LinkedIn Premium Members.
I get paid when you click on the link and take the course, though.
Check it out. >>> http://linkedin-learning.pxf.io/JAb4N