Let’s explore 5 common crisis communication response mistakes… and what to do instead.
I’ve seen all five of these mistakes play out in the media recently. How about you?
1. Don’t ignore warning signs: conduct routine threat assessments.
2. Don’t cover up: take responsibility.
3. Don’t speculate: verify and confirm facts.
4. Don’t say “No Comment” or “I Don’t Know” : drill tough questions
5. Don’t appoint an outside spokesperson: train internal spokespeople.
How many of these mistakes have you seen play out in the media recently?
Consider this: I teach crisis communication on LinkedIn Learning.
The full course is one hour. It’s a great resource for leaders (and students!) to view together to plan for crisis response.
Check it out. It’s free for LinkedIn Premium members. I get paid when you take the course! >>> https://lnkd.in/ePsngqj